Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am a Plow


I am a plow that once had its glory on the field in the years of the 1800s. Before, I was able to plow over 10 acres of land in a day. I was used by many people and was traded around several neighborhoods. Back in the days, I was a very popular tool and my abilities were praised by the whole community. Humans ran me through their fields and used me for initial cultivation of soil in preparation for planting seeds. Now, I would just sit in a museum and display my glorious stains. Half the times, museum visitors would barely notice me in the corner of the agriculture display. I am no longer able to help humans cultivate with my rusty and old form. The next generation has already replaced me with their large tractors. Now, they are able to plow about ten times faster than me. I haven't been outside for decades. I would always reminisce over my young years of working on the field and the happiness I brought to humans. Unlike now, almost everyone depended on agriculture back then. Products from plants were the main source of trade and income of every nation, and that wouldn't be possible without the existence of us.

1 comment:

  1. Nice historical reference with the dates and statistics, but really decades... Henley get some sun!!!:)

    ReplyDelete